5e D&D open gaming
Posted by not-going-to-gencon

Is there anywhere at Gen Con that runs open games of 5e D&D?

I wasn't able to get all the ticketed 5e D&D games I wanted despite submitting my wishlist within seconds of it going live. I was wondering if there was anywhere you could simply turn up and play? If so, where, what times and who are the organisers? Do you need generic tickets to join those drop-in games?

Thanks from a US Gen Con noob  

Posted by wavester

Well if they are our 5E games - show up at the start times with generics and we get a lot of people in the line sat and playing if you are a little flexible. I think we average 108% butts in seats over tickets in the system (cuz we good).

Posted by not-going-to-gencon wavester

wavester wrote:
Well if there are our 5E games - show up at the start times with generics and we get a lot of people in the line sat and playing if you are a little flexible. I think we average 108% butts in seats over tickets in the system (cuz we good).
Thank you, wavester. You've put my mind at ease. 
Serious question: Where will the Baldman Games be taking place? 
Not serious question: Do you get a priority place if you're follically challenged? If so, I'm good! :~P

Posted by llenlleawg

Other than the D&D Demos, the Baldman D&D games will be held in the JW Marriott in Griffin Hall (one floor up from street level). So, if you come by means of the covered walkway from the ICC, you will already be on the correct floor!

Posted by wavester

Nailed it. Come across the walkway and we are the giant ballroom right behind the Starbucks. Been there for years and love it. Away from the noise and craziness of the main convention center. You get a much quieter space to sit down, game, actually hear your DM, and walk away with your voice intact.

Posted by not-going-to-gencon llenlleawg

llenlleawg wrote:
Other than the D&D Demos, the Baldman D&D games will be held in the JW Marriott in Griffin Hall (one floor up from street level). So, if you come by means of the covered walkway from the ICC, you will already be on the correct floor!
Thank you, llenlleawg! That's super useful.

Posted by not-going-to-gencon wavester

wavester wrote:
Nailed it. Come across the walkway and we are the giant ballroom right behind the Starbucks. Been there for years and love it. Away from the noise and craziness of the main convention center. You get a much quieter space to sit down, game, actually hear your DM, and walk away with your voice intact.
Thank you again, wavester! That's great.

I don't know if I'll wind up in any Baldman-run games, but if I do or am not far away, I will swing by to thank you in person. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.