Fulfillment shipping has begun 2024
Posted by mikeboozer

Gen Con has begun printing USPS orders.

When you get an acknowledgement that you order has shipped it means the label for shipping is printed.

It will still take us a 2-3 business days to actually get it into the hands of the US postal service. It will take them 3-5 days to get it to you.

Remember that your packet must be signed for. 

Carriers vary on how this is implemented...your milage may vary.

If you're not home then the standard practice is to leave a note and try to re-deliver or have it at your local post office for pickup.

We are shipping from Indianapolis this year so it may get to you faster as we have previously shipped from the land of the Seahawks (Seattle/Tacoma) before!

Posted by mikeboozer

USPS packets that are returned to us will be put in Will Call.

Make sure and tell the Will Call attendant that you have a USPS returned packet and the name on the packet.
Everything you ordered before the June 14 deadline will be in that packet.

Mike

Posted by donaldbain

Note:  you can go to your local post office and “pre-sign” for your badge and they will leave it in your mailbox.

Posted by mikeboozer

You can always track your mailing on your accounts "My Packets" page.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer

Our first USPS mailings have left the building!

They are in the hands of the Post Office now. 

Mike

Posted by localnative89

Are printing labels and shipping being done in waves? Is there a date by which we should expect to see acknowledgement of shipping?

Posted by mikeboozer localnative89

localnative89 wrote:
Are printing labels and shipping being done in waves? Is there a date by which we should expect to see acknowledgement of shipping?

They are being done alphabetically.

Can't give you a date they will ship by as it will take as long as it takes which is usually a few weeks from the Ship to me date and it all depends on the Post Office plus how far you ae away from Indianapolis.

Mike

Posted by hahnarama

Are you saying they ship from Indy and NOT Seattle ?

Posted by qwaserity mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Gen Con has begun printing USPS orders.

We are shipping from Indianapolis this year so it may get to you faster as we have previously shipped from the land of the Seahawks (Seattle/Tacoma) before!

Posted by mikeboozer hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
Are you saying they ship from Indy and NOT Seattle ?

Yes, I'm saying that.

Posted by adcjones

Why am I paying for shipping when the post office delivers my mail at noon, I'm at work, and cannot sign for it?  The signature confirmation is unnecessary.  Yes, i know i can go to the post office to sign a waiver to but that defeats the purpose of paying for shipping when the post office is so far away.  

Posted by mpagnotta310

Question: Does GenCon not allow for electronic signatures? I have an e-signature on file with the USPS and I was not able to e-sign for my package. Not a big deal, I can pick it up at the local post office, but I was curious if GenCon doesn’t allow e-sign.

Posted by mikeboozer mpagnotta310

mpagnotta310 wrote:
Question: Does GenCon not allow for electronic signatures? I have an e-signature on file with the USPS and I was not able to e-sign for my package. Not a big deal, I can pick it up at the local post office, but I was curious if GenCon doesn’t allow e-sign.
Gen Con has no say one way or the other for what the Post office does. We send the packets with a signature required to make sure you have received the packet. What an individual post offices policy is is outside our control.

Posted by iolaus13 adcjones

adcjones wrote:
Why am I paying for shipping when the post office delivers my mail at noon, I'm at work, and cannot sign for it?  The signature confirmation is unnecessary.  Yes, i know i can go to the post office to sign a waiver to but that defeats the purpose of paying for shipping when the post office is so far away.  

I don't know how inconvenient your post office is, but the purpose of shipping is to avoid standing in the Will-Call line for 1 or 2 hours.  As someone with early Thursday events who shows up Thursday morning, I don't have time for a line the length of the ICC.  Granted, my post office is a 10-minute round trip.  It just comes down to how your schedule looks and how much you value your time when deciding if shipping is worth it. 

Posted by donaldbain adcjones

adcjones wrote:
I don't know, why did you pay for shipping when the terms of the shipping were laid out before you chose it?

Posted by bremason02 iolaus13

iolaus13 wrote:
adcjones wrote:

I don't know how inconvenient your post office is, but the purpose of shipping is to avoid standing in the Will-Call line for 1 or 2 hours.  As someone with early Thursday events who shows up Thursday morning, I don't have time for a line the length of the ICC.  Granted, my post office is a 10-minute round trip.  It just comes down to how your schedule looks and how much you value your time when deciding if shipping is worth it. 
I have tickets for Thursday that i'll have to pick up at the will-call kiosk that day. Now, i'm driving there from about two hours away and will also have to find parking. What time do you think I should arrive in Indy if I have to find parking, get my tickets from the kiosk, and still want to get in the doors by 11 at the latest?

Posted by kevinrg bremason02

bremason02 wrote:
iolaus13 wrote:
adcjones wrote:

I have tickets for Thursday that i'll have to pick up at the will-call kiosk that day. Now, i'm driving there from about two hours away and will also have to find parking. What time do you think I should arrive in Indy if I have to find parking, get my tickets from the kiosk, and still want to get in the doors by 11 at the latest?

I'd say arrive in Indy NLT 8AM to give yourself time to be in will call NLT 9AM.   Although I'm very much a 'get it over and done with so I'm not stressed out about cutting things close' type of person  so I'd be there at 7AM when will call opens get my stuff then probably go get something to eat.   But that probably means you are leaving at 430AM.   The later you get the further out the parking will be given you have Gencon people in addition to normal downtown people.

Posted by burningriver

I just purchased my badge yesterday. It seemed like the default option was will call, I don't recall seeing a shipping option. Is it too late to change this and have it shipped?

Posted by mikeboozer burningriver

burningriver wrote:
I just purchased my badge yesterday. It seemed like the default option was will call, I don't recall seeing a shipping option. Is it too late to change this and have it shipped?
 It is too late to have it shipped, the deadline was June 14th

New Post Sign in to write a new post.