New forums
Posted by noone

Ha Ha I get to be the first person to stink up the new forums,  NO NEW FORUMN SMELL FOR YOU!

Posted by piggystarfish

So much for that nice new smell!

Posted by del_grande

So, where does the line to get to the waiting area to get in the line for the shuttle bus that takes us to the line for the waiting area for the line (choose one: to pick up our badges on Wednesday 7/31; for Star Wars Unlimited in the Dealer's Area) begin?

Posted by quarex

That sounds more like a PAX experience

Posted by del_grande quarex

quarex wrote:That sounds more like a PAX experience

Seriously, you should have seen the line on the Wednesday night for the COVID-19 wristbands at Gen Con 2022.

Posted by lore seeker del_grande

del_grande wrote:

Seriously, you should have seen the line on the Wednesday night for the COVID-19 wristbands at Gen Con 2022.

Ugh, don't remind me.

Posted by colbrook del_grande

del_grande wrote:

Still not as bad as the Lorcana line last year! 

Posted by njseahawksfan quarex

quarex wrote:
That sounds more like a PAX experience

As a regular GenCon attendee, I'm mystified by PAX's love of queues...

Posted by austicke njseahawksfan

njseahawksfan wrote:

As a regular GenCon attendee, I'm mystified by PAX's love of queues...

Yeah, they much more follow the comic book/media con experience rather than how most tabletop gaming cons are run.

Posted by quarex

Never tell a PAX devotee your thoughts on the issue; I got yelled at about how horribly unfair a lottery is on the PAX Unplugged forums for even mentioning Gen-Con was my favorite convention 

Posted by lore seeker

Never been to PAX Unplugged, but somebody who has told me that you sign up for events the day of, in person. Is that true?

Posted by colbrook lore seeker

lore seeker wrote:
Never been to PAX Unplugged, but somebody who has told me that you sign up for events the day of, in person. Is that true?
From what I can see PAX doesn't have open event subordinate like Gen Con does, most are organised by companies. 

This means you've only got a few dozen events per day, and the gaming ones (as opposed to seminars/workshop) tend to be run as a "Turn up at this time and if there's space you can join" with a limited amount of preregistration in the morning. This means that the majority are things like MTG, Adventurer's league, learn to play, social deduction, and so on. 

There's also a sizeable open play area for ad-hoc gaming like the JW Marriott ballroom at Gen Con. 

​​

Posted by eternusiv

I can attest that the ability to find a game, even the one you like to play, at GenCon, is entirely in your control with a little networking and better yet: generic tickets.

I've crashed a couple GenCons with generics, a strategic understanding of what I could possibly get into, and a little luck.  But - the idea of showing up and 'missing out' is dependent on how crucial it is to play in events that are usually high in demand every GenCon.  

New Post Sign in to write a new post.