Block Party moved
Posted by adcjones

Wow, just saw the news the Block Party area and food trucks will be all the way on South Street due to the construction the city will be doing on/near Pan Am and Georgie Street. 

I wonder if this will have any impact on the crowd?  Looks like there will be more room and maybe more food trucks; if that's the case, I hope its successful!

Posted by kevinrg

Will it?  Probably.  

Probably will have the most impact on those that are running the thin line of trying to jam every minute full of something and only allocate themselves 5 minutes to grab something to eat and run.   If you are allocating a block of time to eat then probably not.

Mobility issues aside, I don't think it is that much further.  In previous years, I would routinely go to South St when trucks were there because the traffic was much less and it was only an extra 5 minutes or so (I'd walk on the outside to avoid having to wind through hallway traffic.)

Posted by hannman

In past years, they've had spillover food trucks on S Capitol Avenue just south of Georgia Street and the east entrance to the convention.  I'm hoping this year that they manage to squeeze all the food tucks on W South Street.  Also I'm hoping they have more of those standing tables.  I don't need a seat, but having a standing table to eat at is huge.  Just more room in general would be huge.   

I also hope that none of this affects Island Noodles?  I imagine they'll be able to setup on South Street just like they have in past years on Capitol Avenue?  When my friends and I arrive at Gencon usually around noon on Thursday every year, the first thing we do is get Island Noodles and the Gencon Beer of the year from Sun King. We also lucked out, because now we have 2 less blocks to walk before we hit the party area.  I can't wait! 

Posted by adcjones

If Island Noodles isn't there, I and many others will be utterly disappointed!

Posted by kevinrg hannman

hannman wrote:
In past years, they've had spillover food trucks on S Capitol Avenue just south of Georgia Street and the east entrance to the convention.  

In addition, they've been on south street in front of Lucas Oil.

I see no reason why everything that was on Georgia street/Capitol won't just be on South Street (Island Noodles, Wild Bills, Sun King, etc)

New Post Sign in to write a new post.