Possible to swap rooms without a fee?
Posted by ahirabandylegs

Two friends of mine got a room at the JW. One can't go to the con anymore. I have a room a few miles away and am thinking of switching over to the JW to split the room.

Is there a way of doing that without incurring the 'one night' charge?

The room I'd be leaving is at the Candlewood Suites Indy Downtown Medical District if anyone wants to pick it up. Or split with a stranger at the JW if I don't switch...

Posted by llenlleawg ahirabandylegs

ahirabandylegs wrote:
Two friends of mine got a room at the JW. One can't go to the con anymore. I have a room a few miles away and am thinking of switching over to the JW to split the room.
Is there a way of doing that without incurring the 'one night' charge?
The room I'd be leaving is at the Candlewood Suites Indy Downtown Medical District if anyone wants to pick it up. Or split with a stranger at the JW if I don't switch...

The first question is whose badge is associated with the JW room. If it is the friend who can't go, and they cancel their badge, then the room reservation is lost, even if there is another name included in the room (e.g. for billing purposes). If this is the case, the other person in the JW will need to pay for the friend's badge, or else the friend will need to swallow the cost. In any event, the badge under which the room was assigned needs to stay "active".

As to switching, basically no. You could switch to a JW room when/if a room became available and you grabbed it in time, in which case you would just switch room assignments for no extra cost. However, even if you add your name to the JW room as an occupant, you will still be charged a one-night fee when you release your current reservation into the wild.

Posted by ahirabandylegs

Thanks for the info.

So there's no way to switch a room from one badge to another?

Posted by funny-shaped dice ahirabandylegs

ahirabandylegs wrote:
Thanks for the info.
So there's no way to switch a room from one badge to another?

No.  The room reservation is tied to the badge...at least until the rooms actually transfer to the hotels in mid-July, at which point you should expect to be charged for one night.  Once the room is managed by the hotel, its like any other hotel room.

As noted above, if a group of friends has a hotel reservation that they need to keep and the friend who is no longer able to go owns that reservation, don't cancel the badge.  Buy him out, instead.  Even now, you should be able to go and update the credit card info, add names to the room, etc.

Posted by contractjoint funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:No.  The room reservation is tied to the badge...at least until the rooms actually transfer to the hotels in mid-July, at which point you should expect to be charged for one night.  Once the room is managed by the hotel, its like any other hotel room.As noted above, if a group of friends has a hotel reservation that they need to keep and the friend who is no longer able to go owns that reservation, don't cancel the badge.  Buy him out, instead.  Even now, you should be able to go and update the credit card info, add names to the room, etc. slice master
Thanks for this information. Is booking easier this year? 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.