Mobility Scooter
Posted by cpspalding

Hey,  this is my first year with a mobility scooter at Gen Con.  I have about a 2-3 block walking range thanks to spinal stenosis and last year after a light night game, I got stuck waiting from 1 AM to 2:45 for a Lyft.  We're staying at the Conrad, but I'm wondering if any of you scooter veterans have any tips or tricks for a complete newbie.

Posted by jonsi-donnelly

Always take your charger with you and find some time during the day to plug in-- whether in-between games or during a game and sit at the table. That extra bit of charge at the end of the day is GLORIOUSLY helpful in these situations. If it's 2 or 3 blocks, just ride it. Use your phone and google maps and head on home. Save yourself the uber/lyft charge.

Posted by cpspalding jonsi-donnelly

jonsi-donnelly wrote:It could be awkward maneuvering it into the hotel room, but it really was wonderful. I haven’t been this mobile at Gen Con in years. The hotel and restaurants were really accommodating. The only problem I had was gamers not used to watching where they’re going, walking in front of me. They were lucky I went slow in crowded areas.

Always take your charger with you and find some time during the day to plug in-- whether in-between games or during a game and sit at the table. That extra bit of charge at the end of the day is GLORIOUSLY helpful in these situations. If it's 2 or 3 blocks, just ride it. Use your phone and google maps and head on home. Save yourself the uber/lyft charge.

Posted by exclusivepreacher

[This post has been removed]

Posted by angel17

[This post has been removed]

Posted by coverhope

I also always have the habit of bringing the charger with me between games. 
drive mad

Posted by cassansrgstrom

Make sure to bring your charger along wherever you go and carve out https://cannacraftcorner.com some time during the day to plug in—whether it's between games or during a break. Having that extra bit of charge by the day's end can be incredibly helpful in these scenarios. If your destination is just a couple of blocks away, opt for walking. Utilize your phone and Google Maps to navigate your way home https://pureplantpleasures.com and save yourself the cost of an Uber or Lyft ride.

Posted by quarex

That post was so good the first time someone made it that the AI figured it might as well just make it again 

Posted by dewchilis

You should bring the charger with you so you can use it when needed doodle baseball

New Post Sign in to write a new post.