How Events work and how to find them 2024
Posted by mikeboozer

Here are some resources:

https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/how-events-work

How To Find Events

Posted by jcham7009

We're a family of first-timers, and have questions about the events and ticketing:

1) My husband bought the three badges. I get that each of us can do a separate wish list and submit. But what about the option to purchase for all--how does that work? Can tickets be purchased for all only by the person who bought the badges? If there's a mix of together and separate in one wish list, is that going to totally screw up individual priority choices?

2) When and how do we acquire generic tickets?

3) Sounds like ticketing is a mix of paper tickets and e-tickets... How does all that work?

Posted by mikeboozer jcham7009

jcham7009 wrote:
We're a family of first-timers, and have questions about the events and ticketing:
1) My husband bought the three badges. I get that each of us can do a separate wish list and submit. But what about the option to purchase for all--how does that work? Can tickets be purchased for all only by the person who bought the badges? If there's a mix of together and separate in one wish list, is that going to totally screw up individual priority choices?
2) When and how do we acquire generic tickets?
3) Sounds like ticketing is a mix of paper tickets and e-tickets... How does all that work?

1. Yes, but they need to be on your "Friends list to purchase for them.

ADD FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO YOUR ACCOUNT
If you have friends or family members who you would like to associate your Gen Con account with, you can add them as a "Friend" within your account. You will need to do this before purchasing badges and event tickets for your friends and family members through your account.
TIP: Your friend or family member will need to have a Gen Con account in our system before you can add them as a friend.
Please follow these steps to easily add a friend to your Gen Con account:

1. Visit www.gencon.com/login (opens in new window).
  2. Enter your username or email address and password.
  3. Click the “Sign In” button.
  4. Hover your mouse over your name at the top right of the page.
  5. Select the “My Friends & Family” link.
  6. Select the “Add Friend” link next to the information you would like to update.
  7. Enter the email address that is associated with your friends Gen Con account in the requested fields.
  8. Select the "Add Friend" button.

Children and those without an email address will automatically be added as a friend when using the "someone else" feature of the badge purchase process.
TIP: Any items you purchase for friends or family members will be subject to your currently selected delivery method. Will Call orders are listed under the recipients names.

2. Generics are put into the ticketing system late Sunday or early Monday morning. They are easy to find.

3. Paper tickets are put in your Will Call or Shipped packets. Or both if ordered after June 14th. e-tickets just scan your badge to turn them in. E-tickets have a small lightning bolt on the ticket type and can be seen on your schedule.

Posted by deppjonny9

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.