Shuttles to ICC from the outer-ring hotels??
Posted by mpagnotta310 dingodefalco

dingodefalco wrote:
=inheritDude, I’m not gonna hold you to that. I was being facetious about the steak. I just wanted to say that the cost is not as much as you’re anticipating.

Sooooo... you don't want a steak or a drink? *shrug* Offer still stands if you change your mind.

Not necessary. Just wanted to let you know your Lyft/Uber expenses won’t be as high as you feared.

Posted by not-going-to-gencon

I’m staying in Carmel so I expect my taxi etc expenses will be pretty high. I don’t think my hotel has a concierge but I’m hoping they can recommend some local taxi companies.

Posted by dingodefalco

I may have just lucked out. Apparently some vrbo place doesn't know Gencon is going on and just reserved a place (1bd/1bath with kitchen and access to a pool) that's a 20 minute walk from the con for $83 a night. SCORE! Now to just hope they don't cancel when they find out the con's going on and folks are charging $600 per night for similar places...

Posted by squirecam dingodefalco

dingodefalco wrote:
I may have just lucked out. Apparently some vrbo place doesn't know Gencon is going on and just reserved a place (1bd/1bath with kitchen and access to a pool) that's a 20 minute walk from the con for $83 a night. SCORE! Now to just hope they don't cancel when they find out the con's going on and folks are charging $600 per night for similar places...
or it's econolodge quality lodging. But congrats. 

Posted by dingodefalco squirecam

squirecam wrote:
dingodefalco wrote:
or it's econolodge quality lodging. But congrats. 
Another space in the building I'm at just listed.  335 W 9th St, Indianapolis, IN 46202

The place I've reserve for $83 per night for 5 nights is a 1bedroom, 1 bath. The other is a 2bedrooms, 2 baths for $1042 per night.... 

Sounds like someone found out a con was happening that weekend. I just double checked my reservation and it's already paid-for with cost penalties for them to cancel. I'm crossing my fingers this holds firm.

Posted by dingodefalco

Alright, confirmed, paid, and had a local visually inspect. I scored a deal. 1 bedroom condo/apartment(kitchen, 1 bath, balcony, parking, viewing the canal), fully furnished, and 1 mile away from the convention. All for the low, low cost of $83 per night for the total with taxes of $638.50 (7/31 - 8/5). Now I can taxi, ride-share, or hire a palanquin carried by lizardfolk/saurus to the convention without worry of cost or time! Well, the palanquin may still be a bit on the slow side. 

Dingo-- 

Posted by aldctjoc

Whoa. That's crazy good. Man. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.