"You stumble upon a room with an empty bed... " -Looking for Room in Downtown Indy for Gencon 2024
Posted by tinygrasshopper

TLDR
I'm a 40 year old cis male, married with two kids from Richmond, Virginia. Looking for my own bed at a place within walking distance from the convention center (to me walking could be up to 2 miles) Wednesday through Sunday.  Prefer a non-smoking room that is shared with someone(s) social and might want to game or grab a beer at the end of the day.  I have a max budget in mind but am flexible on the price and am willing to answer any questions, hop on a Zoom or provide references from people I've attended with previously. Feel free to send me a DM.

Really Long form:
I've been going to GenCon on and off since 2013 and this is my first one solo.  I won two free badges last year at the Opening Ceremony event so I took that as a sign that I definitely HAD to go this year.  Turns out none of my family and friends I usually attend with can go so I've been holding out waiting for someone to commit, use my second badge and snag a room to share.  Here we are less than two months out and I'm starting to worry I might not find a space.  I know I can't really be too choosy at this point and that there are rooms available at the airport but I've done that before and that's not really my speed.  I like to experience Indy after the con almost as much as I like going to Gencon.  I own a music venue and am pretty social so if you are looking for someone to literally just split the cost of a room I may not be the best fit for you as, given the chance, I'll probably talk your ear off.  So, here I am. Mostly attending this year as a birthday present to myself to play some Magic the Gathering, maybe check out DnD 5e and the newer Pathfinder and Starfinder editions.  Love spending time in the exhibit hall and might even finally do one of those drinking tours I've never been able to convince my brother or friends to do.  Things I typically do: MtG, DnD, Starfinder/Pathfinder, Eclipse Phase, True Dungeon, Escape Rooms and pretty much any board game (ranging from Terra Mystica and Gloomhaven to Ticket to Ride and Catan). 

Posted by tinygrasshopper

**I also have a second 4-day badge CODE available to trade for part of the stay if anyone is interested in that.  

Posted by mikeboozer tinygrasshopper

tinygrasshopper wrote:
**I also have a second 4-day badge available to trade for part of the stay if anyone is interested in that.  

Badges are personal and cannot be "traded."

Mike

Posted by tinygrasshopper mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
tinygrasshopper wrote:
**I also have a second 4-day badge available to trade for part of the stay if anyone is interested in that.  

Badges are personal and cannot be "traded."Mike
I have two promo codes that I won and only used one for myself

New Post Sign in to write a new post.