Hello 2022!
Posted by lore seeker kertdawg

kertdawg wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:...I had to browse the entire Exhibit Hall (admittedly an easier task that year) and look for random stuff that caught my eye.
This has been exactly my plan every year since my first GenCon.  The sheer spectacle of the exhibit hall is what brings me back.  I've found vendors of off-topic things, such as a pen vendor (a pendor?) a few years back.  It seems like it's a strange thing to do, but I tend to use these things at the game table.  My insatiable appetite for dice is only satisfied at GenCon.  Though, the sheer number of dice vendors was almost too much in 2021.  Almost.Anyway, it's good to hear of somebody that enjoyed the little vendors, too!

Well, I would often walk up and down the aisles in previous years, but with so many booths and limited time, I would usually just browse as I walked by. If something maybe kinda looked interesting, I might have spent a minute there, but if it didn't catch my interest by then I was off browsing again.

In 2021, with so many fewer booths and more time to kill, I had time to really take a closer look at things I was kinda sorta interested in. It led me to take a few risks, some of which admittedly didn't pan out (got a few game books that were interesting reads and cool-sounding settings, but whose rules I didn't care for to one degree or another). But I found enough games that were cool in both settings and rules to make up for those.

Posted by raptorov

I remember several years ago, there was a vendor who specialized in foreign war movies. I wanted to get a certain Finnish movie about WWII on the Eastern Front. I knew they were at GC, but it took until Saturday for me to find them. Row after row, I knew of their camo covered booth with all the cool bomber art and stuff. Finally wandering on Saturday I came near and heard artillery fire and found the booth. Crazy. Things were so packed then. I ended up getting four movies, all very cool. Wondering what this year will bring.
I can't wait tho.

Posted by xanathon

I plan on being there, but prefer to go unnoticed.

Posted by laggy

I am getting the wife to come back this year. Here's to 22!

Posted by mikeboozer raptorov

raptorov wrote:
I remember several years ago, there was a vendor who specialized in foreign war movies. I wanted to get a certain Finnish movie about WWII on the Eastern Front. I knew they were at GC, but it took until Saturday for me to find them. Row after row, I knew of their camo covered booth with all the cool bomber art and stuff. Finally wandering on Saturday I came near and heard artillery fire and found the booth. Crazy. Things were so packed then. I ended up getting four movies, all very cool. Wondering what this year will bring.
I can't wait tho.

We do have a map of the Exhibit Hall available...you would need to know the name of the company to locate their booth.

Mike

Posted by roderick mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
raptorov wrote:
I can't wait tho.

We do have a map of the Exhibit Hall available...you would need to know the name of the company to locate their booth.Mike

It sounds like Belle and Blade: https://warshows.com/

Posted by brumcg roderick

roderick wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
raptorov wrote:
I can't wait tho.

We do have a map of the Exhibit Hall available...you would need to know the name of the company to locate their booth.Mike

It sounds like Belle and Blade: https://warshows.com/ 

It does.  The OP may be disappointed to find out that they have not attended Gen Con for at least a few years (2015, I think).

Posted by rfsullivan

Whole bunch of monitors playing war films, *load of Velcro morale patches? I think I got a "No Step on Snek" patch from those guys at a gun show last year.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.