Will Call on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning?
Posted by burningriver

I'm a first timer at Gen Con this year. Had a couple of questions about Will Call.

One, I've heard people highly recommend getting badges early Wednesday but we're driving in and there's no way we'll get there before 5pm on Wednesday. Obviously, after the long car ride, standing in a two hour line doesn't sound appealing.

Is there much of a difference between getting my ticket on Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning? Like does it actually save me much time going in there on Wednesday at 6pm after we checked in over showing up around 7:30am on Thursday?

Also, does anyone know if I need my wife and two kids (under 10) with me when picking up the badges? I purchased my wife's ticket with mine and I'm supposed to get free wristbands for the kids. Can I just do that all myself or do they need to be there with me?

Thanks so much!

Posted by mikeboozer

There is no way to really know how crowed it will be Wednesday night at that time, but I would recommend going early Thursday morning no later than 7:30 given those choices. Not really missing anything if you go that early.

Your wife will need to be there to pick up her badge. It will be in an individual packet. Just let the attendant know the names for the kids they will be individual packets as well.

Make sure you have ID's and if you have kids ID's of any kind it's helpful.

Mike

Posted by burningriver

Thanks for the info, big help!

Posted by colbrook

Anecdotally I went to Will Call at exactly 7am Thursday Morning last year and there was pretty much no queue, I could see people starting to head that way on my way back to my room though.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.