Covid Check-in
Posted by headless

Started feeling crappy on the flight home today.  Tested positive at 7 pm tonight.

+1 for another member of our group who tested positive this morning.

Posted by hahnarama

Asking, NOT judging, but were you and your party all booster-ed up recently? 

Posted by headless hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
It’s not worth answering this question.   I don’t want this conversation to devolve into a political debate.  

Just curious how many others got the ‘Vid at GC.  

Hopes are with all those who got either COVID or the Concrud for a quick recovery.  

Posted by lore seeker

I recovered from a COVID infection (my first) just over three months ago, plus I'm vaxxed/boosted, so I should be okay.

Posted by gaoth

I started feeling crappy yesterday, and tested positive when I arrived home today.

Posted by jackogk

I woke up congested today but my test was negative.  Perhaps I only got bog standard con crud!

Posted by gamerlaura

Not COVID, but I do seem to have the Crud.

Worth it.

Posted by jenniferciolino1

My husband and I came home with Covid. Never had it before. Fully vaxed and boosted. Bummer

Posted by theala

I started with symptoms around noon on Sunday and left early because of it.  Went to an urgent care when I got home (drove, didn’t have that far to go) and tested negative.  Got retested Monday morning and was positive.   

Took awhile but finally got paxlovid which is helping.  

Had a great Con otherwise.  

Posted by rhone1

I left the Con early on Saturday feeling terrible.  Got home and tested positive for Covid.  It ruined my Gen Con.

Yes, I have the vaccine and am boosted.  However, I didn't wear a mask (my fault).  Fortunately, it seems to have been a mild case and am feeling pretty good now, although still testing positive for Covid.

If I go back to Gen Con in the future I will mask up the entire time.  There were so many sick folks coughing during the Con, I knew it wasn't going to end well for me.

Posted by heidiraeo

My husband started getting sick yesterday and tested positive this afternoon. I am still negative, but I also masked in the hallways, elevators, and most of the time during games. But of course my husband and I shared a room, so I could still get sick.

Posted by michael h. headless

headless wrote:
hahnarama wrote:
It’s not worth answering this question.   I don’t want this conversation to devolve into a political debate.  Just curious how many others got the ‘Vid at GC.  
Hopes are with all those who got either COVID or the Concrud for a quick recovery.  

Posted by michael h.

My wife and I are fully vaccinated.  We wore masks everywhere but in small groups.  Were both testing + now.

Posted by e-ehl cee

Just got word that a chunk of the friends I met up with are positive and symptomatic. My partner and I masked for most of the event and are currently fine. 

Posted by njseahawksfan

Checking in on the negative front.  For three groups (two groups of 5 and me and my son).  None masked but all fully vaxxed and boosted.  No con crud either.

I actually wanted a booster before the con my doc told me that as long as I got the booster for the variety that was around last fall, I was a good as I could get until another variant requires another booster (which he seemed to think would be late fall/early winter).  

Posted by katebishop headless

[This post has been removed]

Posted by funny-shaped dice

Monday night, wife reported symptoms that sounded suspiciously like Covid. Took COVID test Tuesday...negative.  Took COVID test Wednesday...negative. Went to clinic for strep test...negative.  Just bog-standard con crud - first time in all the years we've been going (she's been coming since 2017) so, I guess, she was about due.

I'm still doing fine - no illness.

Posted by donaldbain

Covid negative, booger positive.  First case of Con Crud in 16 years so I can't complain. 

Posted by scswan

Curious what people who got Covid were playing? Our friend who only played board games got it but we didn't it. 
Looking for kind of games, not individual games.

Posted by jimrules27

2 out of 6 in our group got it. One of them I did all the same events with and I did not get it which was surprising.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post