Food truck line up for 2024?
Posted by tamtittot

I wondered if anyone knows what the food truck line up/ options will be for the block party? 

Posted by jeff russell (mariston#6930)

I hope there are more trucks this year.  The lines were pretty long last year.

Posted by kevinrg jeff russell (mariston#6930)

tamtittot wrote:
I wondered if anyone knows what the food truck line up/ options will be for the block party? 

Probably not until mid-July.  I don't think the list was official until mid July last year.
jeff russell (mariston#6930) wrote:
I hope there are more trucks this year.  The lines were pretty long last year.

Other than Thursday early, I found the lines pretty reasonable.

Now granted, I'm more the type of person that strolls up and says "What's the shortest line?  That's what I'm having..." but generally I don't recall being much more than 4-5 deep in line.

Posted by del_grande

In the past, the food truck lineup was posted on the blog 2 or 3 Fridays before the con.

Speaking of the food trucks, will they be on more than one street this year?

Posted by quarex

Sounds like the plan is to keep them where they were last year indefinitely, or at least until the construction is finished in...2028?

Posted by david campbell

Liked them on Georgia street, loved them where they were last year.

Once construction is done, why not both? They have the lottery every year, my impression is there's more trucks then available slots -open up for some more!

Posted by del_grande

According to a post by the Books Bourbon & Bacon truck on Facebook, there are a couple of changes to the food trucks this year: there will be only 36 trucks total, and rather than separate breakfast / lunch / dinner periods, trucks are assigned on an "all day" basis.

Posted by mpagnotta310 del_grande

del_grande wrote:
According to a post by the Books Bourbon & Bacon truck on Facebook, there are a couple of changes to the food trucks this year: there will be only 36 trucks total, and rather than separate breakfast / lunch / dinner periods, trucks are assigned on an "all day" basis.

36 trucks total as in there’ll only be 36 trucks on a given day, or only 36 participating overall?

Posted by kevinrg mpagnotta310

mpagnotta310 wrote:
del_grande wrote:

36 trucks total as in there’ll only be 36 trucks on a given day, or only 36 participating overall?

Found their post

'it was capped at 36 trucks/day. And only all day passes this year. Passes sold out in three minutes. A lot of trucks that typically are at GenCon weren’t able to snag the passes in time.'

So the passes just were like event tickets and food trucks just purchased them?   Thought Gencon reviewed trucks.    Shame that some of the common ones won't be there (whichever ones those are)

Edit: Reading further looks like Pierogi Love and Grumpy Gringo won't be there.   Don't remember Grumpy Gringo, but I know Pierogi Love seemed to always be there.

Posted by mpagnotta310 kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
mpagnotta310 wrote:
del_grande wrote:

Found their post'it was capped at 36 trucks/day. And only all day passes this year. Passes sold out in three minutes. A lot of trucks that typically are at GenCon weren’t able to snag the passes in time.'
So the passes just were like event tickets and food trucks just purchased them?   Thought Gencon reviewed trucks.    Shame that some of the common ones won't be there (whichever ones those are)
Edit: Reading further looks like Pierogi Love and Grumpy Gringo won't be there.   Don't remember Grumpy Gringo, but I know Pierogi Love seemed to always be there.

That’s a shame. I like both of those trucks. Sad they won’t be there.

Posted by colbrook kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
mpagnotta310 wrote:
del_grande wrote:

Found their post'it was capped at 36 trucks/day. And only all day passes this year. Passes sold out in three minutes. A lot of trucks that typically are at GenCon weren’t able to snag the passes in time.'
Block Party (non trucks) is organised by Gen Con, but the trucks are done through Visit Indy who sell the passes through Eventbrite. 

Posted by del_grande kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:Reading further looks like Pierogi Love and Grumpy Gringo won't be there.   Don't remember Grumpy Gringo, but I know Pierogi Love seemed to always be there.

Actually, Pierogi Love says that it will be at Gen Con somewhere - just not in the "official" area.

Something else I stumbled across: "Gen Con has secured an exclusive and official sponsor for pizza. Therefore, no pizza trucks will be allowed, unless they are able to cover any wording with 'pizza' and offer another option (i.e., calzones)." Were there other trucks in the past that sold slices?

Posted by austicke

Same as every year. No other pizza since Hot Box sponsored.

Posted by akaihyo

The food trucks are always such fun.  Look forward to seeing who will be there this year.

Posted by armadilloal del_grande

del_grande wrote:
kevinrg wrote:Reading further looks like Pierogi Love and Grumpy Gringo won't be there.   Don't remember Grumpy Gringo, but I know Pierogi Love seemed to always be there.

Actually, Pierogi Love says that it will be at Gen Con somewhere - just not in the "official" area.Something else I stumbled across: "Gen Con has secured an exclusive and official sponsor for pizza. Therefore, no pizza trucks will be allowed, unless they are able to cover any wording with 'pizza' and offer another option (i.e., calzones)." Were there other trucks in the past that sold slices?

Not for nearly a decade at this point. I think there were some the first year or two they had trucks, but none since then.

Posted by mikepmarkey

Have they announced the hours for food trucks this year? Or the block party?

Posted by del_grande mikepmarkey

mikepmarkey wrote:Have they announced the hours for food trucks this year? Or the block party?

Depends on what you mean by "hours." Every food truck that is there for a particular day is supposed to be there from 9 AM to 9 PM (Sunday from 9 to 4), except for a one-hour break of its choice, and possibly a break to resupply (not quite sure how that works).

They have not announced which trucks will be there on which days yet. It might happen today (7/12), but usually it is announced in the blog two Fridays before Gen Con, which would be 7/19.

Posted by del_grande

Well, the list of food trucks was posted on the blog, but it didn't mention which trucks were on which days.

I did manage to contact a number of trucks, and have compiled my Handy Dandy Phone-Friendly Food Truck Grid.

Note that the trucks were told the hours would be 9-9 (9-4 on Sunday), but the blog post says they will be 9-10. It is possible that the trucks will shut down at 9, but the Block Party vendors will remain open past that.

Posted by quarex

Awesome work, gotta say

Posted by david campbell

Very helpful, thank you!

Sign in to write a new post. New Post