Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6
Posted by squirecam grognard262

grognard262 wrote:
Does "Gen Con controlled spaces" include the halls of the ICC?  Or just the rooms?

As announced previously, Gen Con Indy 2022 will implement mandatory mask-wearing in all Gen Con-controlled spaces. This means that any place you’re required to have a badge you’re required to wear a mask, including the exhibit hall, event halls, hotel ballrooms, conference rooms, and the stadium. Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax. However, based on last year’s show we expect to see 99+% compliance, so be ready to do your part! 

Posted by quarex pronetguru

pronetguru wrote:So considering the late notice of this policy, what will GenCon's position be if I wanted a refund and/or rollover until such time as GenCon leadership stops panicking over what is, for the vast majority of people, essentially little different than a seasonal flu with all of the mutation and variations included?
Yes, they learned from last year and made sure to give people like you time to back out.

Posted by hahnarama

Question about the Clear App. Are you going to add Gen Con to the list of events so I/we can pre register and upload our IDs and COVD vaccination records? 

Thanks in advance

Posted by armored badger mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
bradmoviepro581 wrote:
Can you take the wristband off? Showers are important

You should not remove it (But if you can and pit it back on I won't know or tell anyone), they will be ok in showers and if they are not then just get a new one...Mike
What kind of wristbands are we looking at? Tyvek, rubber/silicone or fabric?

I've been to a few beer fests that used the fabric bands, and I can say they aren't easy to take off, but are comfortable, work well in a shower and don't look like they went 3 rounds with Mike Tyson after a day of wear.

Posted by hoosiercheetah

I'm still confused about ID requirement for minors.

I have a 14 yo and a 10 yo.  Both are vaccinated and we have their cards, no problem.  But neither of them has any kind of ID.  Their school doesn't do IDs.  Their mother and I will both be with them to go through the vaccine check and pick up badges/wristband at willcall.  Do I need to get them IDs at the BMV before the convention?

Posted by qwaserity

Trade Day? Asking for about 108 friends…

Posted by damiensundae hoosiercheetah

hoosiercheetah wrote:
I'm still confused about ID requirement for minors.
I have a 14 yo and a 10 yo.  Both are vaccinated and we have their cards, no problem.  But neither of them has any kind of ID.  Their school doesn't do IDs.  Their mother and I will both be with them to go through the vaccine check and pick up badges/wristband at willcall.  Do I need to get them IDs at the BMV before the convention?

Unless I'm missing something, Mike answered this on Page 1. No IDs needed for minors (only their vax cards) as long as they're with their parents. Kids have never needed IDs to claim Will Call packets, either, as long as their parents (who do need to show ID) are there with them.

Posted by papabees quarex

quarex wrote:
Sounds like they might functionally be moving the Exhibit Hall badge-checking logistics to the entrance to the convention center, which actually sounds kind of cool.  And is the definitive last statement on both the Lobbyconning arguments from 2019 and the Indy Colts Fans arguments from 2021 :P hahaha
This could not happen as the Hallways of the ICC are public space in Indy and connect a number of establishments. My hunch is this is what caused some of the delays with the final announcement (clarification of "controlled" areas).

Posted by random_axcess

is the auction/store a "controlled" location and will the auctioneers/runners be masked?

Posted by papabees

Based on emails back from customer service it sounds like the ICC hallways and Event/Will Call lines in said hallways are uncontrolled areas and masking will be encouraged but cannot be enforced. Is that correct? 

Posted by eldrad12000 random_axcess

random_axcess wrote:
is the auction/store a "controlled" location and will the auctioneers/runners be masked?
Seeing as it is a Gen Con run event, I would safely assume yes.

Posted by kevinrg eldrad12000

eldrad12000 wrote:
random_axcess wrote:

Yes.  You can't sell/buy without a badge so, definitely a GC event.

Posted by gildark

Whelp, I was really hoping to attend this year as I haven't missed one in 10 years but I guess it was never in the cards. Maybe next year, everyone have a great con and stay hydrated! 

Posted by squirecam papabees

papabees wrote:
Based on emails back from customer service it sounds like the ICC hallways and Event/Will Call lines in said hallways are uncontrolled areas and masking will be encouraged but cannot be enforced. Is that correct? 
I posted the statement above. Hallways are not covered areas.

Posted by cinnibar squirecam

squirecam wrote:
papabees wrote:
I posted the statement above. Hallways are not covered areas.

An exemption to such hallways would be ticketed events or badge-required events in those hallways, like the Deception Alley games. 

Posted by roderick gildark

gildark wrote:
Whelp, I was really hoping to attend this year as I haven't missed one in 10 years but I guess it was never in the cards. Maybe next year, everyone have a great con and stay hydrated! 

As Mike said in the first post:

"It is not for discussing why we have the policy or anyone's feelings about it. 

That has been discussed and will not be rejoined here."

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC.

Posted by nytenor sstalker23

sstalker23 wrote:
Digital copies of vaccine cards accepted?  Scan, Apple COVID wallet card?
seconding the question.

Posted by random_axcess kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:

eldrad12000 wrote:
random_axcess wrote:

Yes.  You can't sell/buy without a badge so, definitely a GC event.

I would like an official response that the guidelines are expected to be followed in this format and an exception has not been made...

Posted by mps

Is Gencon going to accept a religious exemption?  Other larger conventions have accommodated this by accepting a recent negative test as an option.

Posted by ungmar9567

Hello. I think having a wristband that is good for the whole weekend will work just fine. 

But my question is about being "fully vaccinated". Last May, I got the one-shot J&J vaccine. Will I need a booster to be considered fully vaccinated? Or am I good to go as is? 

Thank you.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6